As the University has directed employees to work remotely whenever possible, ITLAL will be moving to a virtual consultation model beginning Wednesday, March 18. We are still available to help you as you prepare to teach your course remotely but will be offering our services in a virtual format.
- We are available for virtual office hours. We will continue to have consultants available for virtual “walk-in” office hours from 10:00am – 12:00 noon each day. If you would like to meet with a consultant during this time, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 518-442-5521, and we will send you an email with a link to a Zoom meeting with a consultant. This meeting will be open between 10 and 12, and you can come in at any time during that period.
- We are available for virtual consultations. If you would like to schedule an individual (or small group) consultation meeting, please call us at 518-442-5521, send an email to email@example.com, or complete a Consultation Request on our website. We ask that you tell us a little about the specific questions and concerns you would like to discuss and give us some possible days and times you would be available so that we can connect you with the first available consultant. You will receive a follow-up email from a consultant within 24 hours.
- We are available to consult by email. If you have a question that can be answered by an email exchange, please feel free to email your question to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a response to your email within 24 hours.
- We are continuing to create and update resources. To locate the most current resources about preparing for remote instruction, please visit https://www.itlal.org/resources-for-remote-teaching-and-learning/.
- We are hosting virtual “Brown Bag” sessions on Remote Teaching. Join us every Friday from 12:00 noon – 1:00 pm. Bring your lunch or a cup of coffee and join us for informal conversation with colleagues to share your successes and challenges as you transition your course to remote learning. ITLAL staff will facilitate the sessions. No advance registration required; simply join us here.
We know that this is a trying time, but the strength of the UAlbany community continues to shine through in our collective response to this crisis. We will get through this together!