Future Faculty Fellow
The Institute for Teaching, Learning and Academic Leadership is seeking candidates to fill one 20 hour per week Fellowship for the 2019-2020 academic year. The activities of this Fellowship are directly related to our Future Faculty initiatives as well as in support of our other graduate student development initiatives. Applicants must be enrolled in a terminal degree program at the University at Albany.
Job responsibilities will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Study and learn about best practices in graduate student professional development through an active mentorship with one or more ITLAL staff to develop working expertise;
- Work as a team member with ITLAL staff to provide support to UAlbany graduate students in instructional roles;
- Work with ITLAL staff and the Graduate School to provide professional development experiences for graduate students in academic career tracks;
- Build and coordinate a campus-wide community and network of graduate students in instructional roles, to create a self-sustaining culture of professional preparation;
- Organize and implement a schedule of events related both to instructional effectiveness and to general professional development of graduate students; and
- Consult one-on-one with graduate students on matters of instructional effectiveness; documentation of teaching, assessment of teaching; and preparation of materials for the academic job market (including CVs; cover letters; teaching, research, and diversity statements, etc.).
Qualifications: Because this is a position that provides for and requires significant growth and development, the ideal candidate should be willing to learn and be mentored into this position. They will also be creative, dynamic, and team-oriented and will have the following experience:
- Teaching experience with full course responsibility;
(Note: Preference will be given to candidates who have taught with full course responsibility over those who have run labs or discussion sections.)
- Leadership experience at the department, college or university level;
- Demonstrated interest in professional development for faculty or graduate students; and
- Familiarity with and past participation in ITLAL programs.
TO APPLY: Send the following documents (in MS Word or PDF format) to Dr. Kimberly Van Orman at firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, April 22: (1) current CV, (2) cover letter addressing the specific qualifications listed in the ad, (3) statement of teaching philosophy, and (4) contact information for three references.